More and more, today's deals are being done to support a growth strategy with the dual objectives of driving top-line growth while improving bottom-line performance. As M&A objectives become increasingly complex, deal teams can feel the pressure mounting as they scale the heights to deliver on those objectives.
Some companies are making the most out of the skills and perspective of the finance function to support and enable both deal and integration teams to achieve strategic, financial and operational objectives. The role finance plays in a deal varies. But it often focuses on due diligence in the early stages and broadens later to include controls, treasury, financial planning and analysis, order to cash, procure to pay, compliance, and financial reporting. And while most finance functions get deeply involved in measuring deal success, the integration of the finance function itself can sometimes be the main bellwether of overall deal success.
Join us on November 2 at 4:00pm ET for a one-hour webcast. We'll discuss the most challenging aspects of the deal process, the evolving role of finance, and the implications on the deal and integration team's ability to deliver deal value.
Topics of discussion will include:
Who should attend?
- Finding and getting your team to embrace the deal objectives that matter
- Historical vs. changing roles of finance in early and late-stage deal activity
- Finance's definition of M&A success
- Measuring the success of M&A and synergy tracking
- Lessons learned from top deal makers and successful integrators
CFOs, Corporate Development Officers, integration leaders and other deal executives
Webcast date and time:
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
4:00 - 5:00pm ETCPE credit:
Participation in the live webcast qualifies for 1 CPE credit in the subject area of Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
Tom Rooney, Partner, Transaction Services, PwC
Watch the replay of our webcast - Register below to access this webcast for up to one year after the live webcast date. CPE credits are not offered after the live webcast date. https://event.on24.com/eventRegistration/EventLobbyServlet?target=registration.jsp&eventid=365070&sessionid=1&key=9E880A1A0770D3A6E8BCB47E0FD7438F&sourcepage=register
- John Glynn, Partner, Valuation Services Leader, Transaction Services, PwC
- John Marra, Partner, Partner, Transaction Services, PwC (moderator)
- Gina Nam, Partner, M&A Tax, PwC
- Chris Smith, Partner, Accounting Advisory, PwC
- Marc Suidan, Principal, Advisory M&A, PwC