Divestiture activity remained brisk during 2012 driven by a continued desire by companies to generate cash, spin-off fast growing segments and exit underperforming or non-core assets. The path to completing these goals, however, was much more challenging than in prior years as buyers’ diligence processes have become much more rigorous and increasing demands from banks have “raised the bar” for sellers.
Today’s environment dictates that companies proactively assess their portfolios to identify potential divestiture or spin-off opportunities. Companies that do the hard work up front to develop an articulated divestiture strategy supported by comprehensive and accurate company data are best positioned for long term success.
Topics of discussion will include:
1) Market and activity trends
2) Significant changes in buyer expectations
3) Trends and new developments in data requirements
4) Focus areas that cannot be ignored
5) How to win in today's market
Join us on March 26 to learn why choosing the proper strategy is important to your business success.
- Ron Chopoorian, Partner, Deals, PwC
- Barrett Shipman, Principal, Advisory M&A, PwC
- Chet Mowrey, Partner, Deals, PwC
Who should attend
- Private equity and corporate deal professionals including:
- Partners/principals/managing directors/associates
- Business development/M&A executives
- Financial professionals involved in Deals transactions
Participation in the live webcast qualifies for 1 CPE credit in the subject area of Specialized Knowledge and Applications.
To register for this event, please click on the "Registration" tab.