In our ongoing commitment to sharing timely perspectives regarding critical issues facing today’s tax and financial executives, PwC is pleased to host the 15th installment of its Talking Tax
video webcast series on Thursday, July 17, 2014
from 1:00pm - 2:00pm (EDT).
Our upcoming webcast will include the following:
- The latest insights regarding emerging tax legislative and regulatory matters: As we move into summer, our panelists will discuss the upcoming challenges facing Congress and the Obama administration regarding corporate tax legislative matters. In addition to analyzing recent US tax legislative developments, they will address the potential impacts of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s base erosion and profit shifting project.
- Potential tax implications of the new revenue recognition standard: The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on May 28 published their long-awaited joint revenue recognition standard titled "Revenue from Contracts with Customers" (Topic 606 and IFRS 15). Although the US tax law contains specific rules with respect to the recognition of revenue for tax purposes, there are certain instances in which revenue recognition for tax purposes depends on revenue recognition for financial accounting purposes. In these instances, the new standard could have significant US tax implications.
Hosted by PwC's Industrial Products & Services Practice, the webcast will feature:
- Michael W. Burak, US and Global Tax Leader of PwC's Industrial Products & Services Practice
- Pam Olson, former Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy at the US Department of the Treasury; current Deputy Tax Leader and Practice Leader of PwC’s Washington National Tax Services Practice
- Scott McCandless, former Tax Counsel at the US House of Representatives; current Principal in PwC’s Tax Policy Services Practice
- Annette Smith, former Deputy to the Tax Legislative Counsel at the US Department of the Treasury; current Partner in PwC's Federal Tax Services Practice
One hour of CPE will be offered for online participation. Please click the "CPE credit" tab on the left side of this page for more details.
To register for this event please click on the "Registration" tab. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation notice with complete webcast access instructions.
Please register prior to 9:00am (ET) July 17, 2014
We look forward to your participation.